Healthy people see the ability to move without pain as a very simple and natural thing. But those who have experienced knee arthritis know how many difficulties are related to restricted mobility.
Today, every fifth inhabitant of the planet suffers from this disease, which often leads to disability. In addition, in women, the incidence of knee joint arthritis is much higher than in men.
What is knee joint disease?
Knee arthritis (or gonorrhea) is a disease that develops due to excessive or regular pressure on the knee joint. The disease is accompanied by pain, impaired motor function, and deformation of bone and cartilage tissue.
Why does knee joint disease occur? There are many reasons for this disease:
- Trauma (the most common cause of gonorrhea when you are young);
- Varicose veins;
- Flat feet; Female menopause;
- Violation of mineral metabolism;
- Increase the pressure on the joints;
- Genetic susceptibility.
All these factors can destroy cartilage and interfere with the production of fluid in the joints. As a result, friction causes structural destruction of the bone and cartilage tissue of the joint. In the injured area, inflammation can cause pain and limit mobility.
Signs of knee arthritis
The onset of knee joint disease is indicated by the appearance of some symptoms:
- Pain, exacerbated by pressure on the joints;
- The feeling of "pain" in the joints;
- tightening (if not treated in time, it will be worsened);
- Edema, swelling.
Degree of disease
Three angles can be distinguished.
- The external deformation of the joint is not visible;
- Slight swelling;
- The legs are very tired;
- When walking, climbing stairs, and prolonged inactivity (such as after sleeping), joint pain may occur;
- Baker's cyst is formed.
- Pain occurs even with a slight load;
- When walking and squatting, I hear crunching sounds at the joints;
- Reduced range of motion of the knee joint (inability to bend the leg).
- Severe pain even when resting;
- Sleep disorders;
- Sensitivity to weather changes appears;
- Observed unstable gait;
- Decreased knee mobility.
Only a doctor can determine the degree of gonorrhea.
Examination of gonorrhea patients
Research makes it possible to determine the cause of pathological development and choose the best treatment plan.
The following types of research are usually used to clarify the diagnosis:
- Clinical and biochemical blood tests. These types of studies allow you to distinguish similar symptoms, but the treatment of arthritis and arthritis is different.
- Radiography. X-ray examination of the joints is the most common way to diagnose gonorrhea and can identify the stage of the disease. However, the main disadvantage of this type of diagnosis is that you cannot see any images other than the bones.
- Joint ultrasound. Ultrasound can detect fluid and soft tissue abnormalities and visualize cartilage. However, this method is subjective and requires careful examination of the conclusion through inspection or X-ray inspection.
- Magnetic resonance imaging. MRI is an unparalleled diagnostic method based on electromagnetic waves. In recent years, this research on joint diseases has become the most extensive research. The picture shows the smallest details of the joints: vasculature, soft tissue thinning, tendon swelling and bleeding. Due to the accuracy of the tomogram, the earliest changes in cartilage tissue can be detected.
- Computerized Tomography. For this inspection, X-rays are used like X-ray inspections. However, since there are many images, the images can be called more rich and detailed.
Treatment of gonorrheaThe treatment of gonorrhea should be done in the first or second stage of the disease, which can save joints. However, given that it is a rapidly progressing disease, how to treat knee arthritis is not an easy problem.
The treatment should aim to completely eliminate pain, activate blood circulation in the affected area and restore the affected area.
Knee joint disease drugs
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs-Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, today’s list is very extensive. Their main function is to reduce inflammation and relieve pain. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs do not contain hormones, so they have almost no side effects on the human body. However, these drugs also have contraindications, and you must consult before taking them.
- Cartilage protector-Drugs that nourish and restore cartilage structure. The main difference between taking chondroprotective agents and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs is the increased production of synovial fluid. For best results, chondroprotectants can be used regularly and the treatment course is longer. However, they are not very effective in the final stages of joints.
- Ointments and creams. All leading experts in the field of joint diseases recommend the use of ointments because they are effective against most symptoms: they relieve pain, reduce inflammation and have antibacterial effects. All drugs can be divided into 2 groups:
- Anti-inflammatory and painkillers;
- Vasodilation and warming.
- Compressionis more effective in fighting arthritis. Among the most common: medical bile and others.
- Intra-articular injectionis an expensive but highly effective medicine against gonorrhea.
- The most common treatment option is glucocorticoid therapy. These drugs can reduce inflammation and relieve pain. However, in some cases, side effects may worsen the patient's condition. People with the following diseases are at risk: ulcers, obesity, kidney failure, high blood pressure.
- Hyaluronic acid-based preparations are safer and can be used as intra-articular fluids after injection: they nourish cartilage and lubricate joint surfaces.
- Manual therapy and physical therapy. Physical therapy and manual therapy can achieve excellent results in the early stages of the disease (recommended to be used in combination with other treatment methods). In addition to exercise therapy, heat therapy, electrophoresis and laser therapy, cryotherapy (cold therapy) and homeopathy (introducing homeopathy into the biologically active parts of the body) have recently been used.
- Surgery. In the final stage of gonorrhea, only surgery is required, during which the deformed joints are replaced with new joints made of high-strength materials.
- Use baking soda to remove puffiness. It is necessary to dissolve a few tablespoons of baking soda in 1 tablespoon of warm water. Apply the resulting mixture to the fabric, then attach it to the knee (you can wrap it around the knee joint) and fix it on top with a bandage. Apply overnight. Repeat this process every day for a week until the swelling is completely eliminated.
- The same popular dressing is a mixture of water and vinegar. The dressing with the pharmaceutical composition was also left overnight.
- Folk remedies are not limited to vinegar or soda. Usually, honey, horseradish, cabbage, kefir, potatoes rolled through a meat grinder, and even oatmeal are applied to the affected area.
- Dandelion is also used as an effective treatment for joint diseases. Most commonly, injecting flowers is used to rub the problem area to relieve pain. The most famous recipe: pour the picked dandelion flowers, then pour triple cologne. Let it brew for 10 days, and then wipe the joints several times a day.
- A popular golden beard ointment formula. To prepare it, mix the juice of freshly squeezed plants with baby cream, fat and petroleum jelly.
- Onion soup is another popular way to relieve pain symptoms. Chop the two onions together with the husk and boil until the onions are soft. Then use the resulting broth before eating.
- The bath lotion containing the essential oils of St. John's Wort, Calendula and Eucalyptus has anti-inflammatory effects on the surface of damaged cartilage.
- Mumiyo can relieve pain through folk remedies. It is recommended to wipe with a mixture of honey and mumiyo (ratio 100: 3) before going to bed every night. After 5-6 days, the arthritis of the knee joint will be relieved.
- Do not carry heavy objects.
- Avoid stressful situations.
- Wear only comfortable shoes.
- Move more, but please observe the movement smoothly.
- Stick to your diet. Eat meat, fish, seafood, and beans at most once every two days.
Knee osteoarthritis: traditional medical treatment
Sometimes, in order to cure lupus, folk remedies cannot replace traditional treatment methods. These include: compresses, homemade ointments, decoctions and bath lotions.
The interval between treatments at home represents joint treatment. Medications should be taken to avoid side effects. At this time, folk remedies can continue to treat the knee joint.
Moreover, the list of recipes treated with folk remedies is not limited to this. There are many methods that are not very popular, but not bad. So, for example, you can use water ches, worms to treat arthritis: although these methods are not very common, they work well.
Generally, treatment with folk remedies is only effective when combined with medication.
Among other things, it is necessary to limit the load on the knee joint-this will speed up its recovery.
The human knee joint is one of the most severely affected parts because it can support the body's weight and provide movement.
Knee joint disease is the deformation and destruction of the cartilage layer. As a result, the joint loses its ability to soften during the movement, that is, the joint itself and the body are constantly hit during the movement.
Don’t forget that only timely diagnosis and treatment can avoid the adverse consequences of joint disease. Take care of your health: In the early stages of illness, please seek the help of qualified experts.